NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- The trial of a Tulsa man charged with the kidnapping and lewd molestation of a 2-year-old girl in 2009 wrapped up Friday afternoon in Tulsa County District Court.

A  twice-convicted sex offender learns he'll spend the rest of his life in prison. A Tulsa County Jury found Marcus Berry Sr. guilty of kidnapping and molesting a 23-month-old girl last August.

Marcus Berry Sr. had been here before.

The 57-year-old sat expressionless when the judge read the jury's verdict.

"He realizes he is going to be in the penitentiary for the rest of his life," said Berry's Defense Attorney David Phillips.

The jury found Berry guilty of kidnapping and molesting a 23-month-old girl last August.

The girl went missing from her front yard in the 2400 block of North Yorktown earlier that evening. A neighbor reported seeing the girl walk into the street and Berry coaxing her into his truck.

"When she was found she was absolutely lifeless. It was testified to one of the officers characterized that this child was nothingness, limp," said Tulsa County District Attorney Tim Harris.

Berry was arrested after he was found with the girl parked off a Tulsa street.

He is now a three time convicted sex offender. The jury then gave him the sentence life without parole and a $10,000 fine.

"This will be the last time he will have to come through the court system because he will die in the penitentiary, and that's what he deserves for the crimes he has committed," Harris said.

District Attorney Tim Harris says the jury's verdict sends a strong message to the community that sexual abuse of children will not be tolerated.

Berry's defense attorney says he is entitled to an appeal but that hasn't been discussed yet.

"A child sexual predator was taken off the streets of Tulsa County forever," said DA Tim Harris.

Berry's sentencing is scheduled for May 21st.