Tulsa Area Under An Ozone Alert Day For Wednesday
TULSA, Oklahoma -- Wednesday, July 6, 2011 is another Ozone Alert day for the Tulsa area.
The Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality is recommending drivers leave your car at home if at all possible and walk or ride the bus to work.
In addition, DEQ suggests Tulsa area residents….
- Avoid long idle times. Walk in rather than drive thru.
- Postpone refueling. Wait until evening or not at all.
- Postpone mowing and using other gas-powered lawn tools.
- Postpone errands. Do them another day.
The city of Tulsa has already had at least a half dozen Ozone Alert days in 2011 and DEQ is suggesting residents….
- Drive less. Leave your car at home one day a week. Try walking, biking, carpooling, riding the bus or telecommuting.
- Avoid long idle time. Turn off your car after 30 seconds when not in traffic.
- Refuel in the evening and don't top off the tank.
- Do your garden chores gasoline-free. Avoid gas-powered lawn tools until evening.
To monitor the air quality on Wednesday or any day, visit OzoneAlert.com.