Family Homeless After Tulsa Apartment Fire
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa family is homeless after fire destroys their apartment unit.
A woman arriving home Thursday afternoon found the door to her second story unit was on fire. She called 911, and Tulsa fire crews responded to the apartment complex at 1100 S Quincy.
The unit was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived. Crews say the fire was coming from the bottom floor.
Residents were quickly evacuated. No one was injured. Tulsa firefighters rescued two cats from inside one of the apartment units.
Crews had the fire under control within an hour. They say at least one unit was destroyed and smoke damaged surrounding apartments.
Red Cross is providing assistance to the family displaced by the fire.
It's not known at this time what sparked the blaze.