Chipotle Smoked Brisket
Wednesday, April 18th 2012, 12:30 PM CDT
1 20 pound raw beef brisket
1 cup house seasoning
¾ cup blackening spice
2 cups blended olive oil
1 can Chipotle peppers, crushed
1 qt water
- Take brisket out of packaging and wipe clean. Do not wash it. Coat brisket with olive oil and house seasoning, one both sides. Place on char grill and char outside to a golden brown, five minutes on each side. Make sure your char broiler is hot.
- Place brisket, fat side up, in hotel pan with one inch screen so that meat does not touch the bottom of the pan. In a 1/6 pan, using gloves, add liquid smoke, blackening spice and Chipotle and crush with hands. Pour mixture over top of brisket.
- Wrap pan with plastic wrap and aluminum foil [shinny side up] and place in 350 degree convection oven for 4 hours or until done.
- Shred beef with fork and place in 1/3 pan. Pour 2 cups of pan drippings over mea to ensure moisture. Portion 5 oz of meat into doydot portion bag and refrigerate. To heat at time of service, microwave meat for 30 seconds and portion two and half ounces per taco. Garnish with proper items.
- After shredding place in 1/3 plans and hold for service
- Label, date, rotate and refrigerate to 40 F in walk-in cooler.