Tulsa Elementary School Evacuated After Kitchen Fire
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa Public Schools has confirmed a kitchen fire at an elementary school.
Firefighters were called to Springdale Elementary School at Pine at Lewis in the noon hour Friday.
School administrators say the school was evacuated, and all students and faculty are accounted for and unharmed.
The school's sprinkler system had partially extinguished the fire that started at a stove and spread to the walls. Tulsa Fire Department is checking the roof of the school to make sure the blaze is under control.
Maintenance workers are also responding to the elementary school to make repairs, administrators say.