Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
• 1 Panera Bread Cinnamon Chip Scone
• ¼ cup softened butter, unsalted
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2/3 cup canned pumpkin,
• ½ cup buttermilk
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 ½ tablespoons molasses
• 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. Put Panera Bread Cinnamon Chip Scone in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs, molasses, and orange zest.
• Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt in a small bowl. Slowly stir in the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, just until blended.
• Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with crumbled Panera Bread Cinnamon Chip Scone.
• Bake until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wide cooling rack.
Servings: 12 muffins