Tulsa City Officials Want Input On Third Penny Sales Tax
TULSA, Oklahoma - The first of nine City Hall in Your Neighborhood meetings is Monday evening.
The meetings planned by the mayor's office and city council are giving residents a chance to voice their opinions about the Third Penny Sales Tax.
Monday's meeting is meeting will be in District 4 at Tulsa Community College Center for Creativity at 910 North Boston. It gets underway at 6 p.m.
Mayor Dewey Bartlett and city councilors will be on hand for the meeting.
Mayor Dewey Bartlett says a vote is planned for November 2013. City officials say the meetings will be held in each of the nine City Council districts on Monday and Tuesday evenings in March and April.
The meeting schedule is as follows:
- March 11, Martin Regional Library auditorium, 2601 S. Garnett Road – District 6
- March 12, Fellowship Bible Church chapel, 5434 E. 91st St. – District 8
- March 25, Booker T. Washington High School auditorium, 1514 E. Zion St. – District 1
- March 26, Webster High School auditorium, 1919 W. 40th St. – District 2
- April 2, Whiteside Park Community Center, 4009 S. Pittsburg Ave. – District 9
- April 22, Hardesty Regional Library Frossard Auditorium, 8316 E. 93rd St. – District 7
- April 29, Hale Junior High School auditorium, 2177 S. 67th E. Ave. – District 5
- April 30, Hamilton Elementary School, 2316 N. Norwood Place – District 3
City officials will take comments from the meetings and draft a proposed capital improvements program. That draft will be presented at four more citywide public meetings. When they have it finalized, Mayor Bartlett says the city will place it on the November ballot.