Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Rotisserie Chicken (cooked and meat pulled) 1 ea
Corn Tortillas (softened in oil) 12 ea.
Jack Cheese, shredded 1 lb
Green Chiles, Canned or fresh (peeled and roasted) 2 lbs
Chopped Tomatoes (canned 10 oz.), 4 ea.
Onions, medium, minced 1 ea.
Garlic, clove, minced 3 ea.
Chicken Stock 2 cups
Oregano ½ tsp
Canola oil 1 tsp.
Cornstarch (slurry) as needed
Salt as needed
Pepper as needed
Queso Fresco 1 block
Lettuce, shredded, ice berg 1 head
Tomatoes, diced 3 ea.
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In medium sauce pot heat oil for 1 minute. Add garlic, onions, and oregano to oil and sauté until lightly brown. Add green chile and tomatoes, sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Allow sauce to come to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
5. Adjust consistency with cornstarch slurry if necessary.
6. Reserve for topping enchiladas.
7. In a separate sauté pan with a little oil in the bottom heat to medium heat.
8. Place corn tortillas in hot oil and allow tortilla to soften, drain excess oil.
9. Repeat step 7 until you have desired amount of tortillas
10. Place picked chicken into tortillas and fold in half, place folded tortillas into oven proof baking dish.
11. Ladle sauce over enchiladas, and top with shredded jack cheese.
12. Place prepared enchiladas in 350° oven for 30-40 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
13. Remove from oven and garnish with shredded lettuce, queso fresco, and chopped tomatoes.
14. Serve immediately
Yield: 12 enchiladas