Summertime Noodles With Sweet Balsamic Dressing
6oz Udon noodles or any of choice
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup fresh basil & mint leaves
3 sun ripened tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, diced and tossed in a little lemon juice
2 medium navel oranges, diced
1 cup spinach leaves, shredded
¼ small red onion, finely diced
4 tbs olive oil
1½ tbs balsamic vinegar
½ tsp agave nectar
1. Cook noodles in rapid boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain and rinse well under cold water and strain well. Set aside.
2. In a small pan dry roast the sunflower seeds over a medium heat, tossing frequently and adding fresh ground salt and pepper to taste. Toss the seeds in the pan until lightly golden for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
3. In a food processor pulse the roasted sunflower seeds with the mint and basil leaves to form a coarse crumb consistency.
4. In a large bowl toss the noodles with the sunflower seed mixture, diced tomatoes, avocado, oranges, baby spinach and red onion.
5. Whisk olive oil, balsamic, and agave nectar and mix with the noodles just before serving. May be served warm or cold.
Preparation time: 20mins
Serves 4 (6 as a side)