• 3 to 4 small to medium yellow summer squash
• 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
• 4 tablespoons chopped basil, fresh (1 tablespoon, dried)
• 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Draw the julienne peeler down over the squash, making spaghetti-like strands or thin, broader noodle-like slices.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the squash strands and cook for a few minutes, or just until softened. Add the garlic and basil and continue cooking for about 30 seconds to 1 minute longer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Total time for this recipe is about 12 minutes.