TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa County District Attorney, Tim Harris said Tuesday the serial rapist who terrorized seven Tulsa women is dead. Police said Desmond Campbell crashed his car minutes after the final attack.

He was in a coma for more than a week before he died, and with the death, Harris called the case closed. He said DNA linked Campbell to three women who were attacked and other forensic evidence connected him to all seven victims.

Officers said Campbell had his victims' clothing inside his car when it crashed.

One of the women who was attacked called Campbell's death karma and said it’s amazing what women can live through while not letting it define their lives. We're not identifying the woman.

“I was so angry, so angry,” the 68-year-old said about being attacked in her own home.

The anger was her instinct, but she said fear was never a factor.

“I was fighting for my life,” she said. “I was too angry to ever be scared. I was never scared; I was never terrified.”

The woman said Campbell forced his way into her house when she opened the back door to feed her cat breakfast. She said he jumped on top of her and tried to strangle her, but she wasn't giving in without a fight.

“I tried to throw him off of me and I said, ‘Oh, no you don't, buddy,’” she told us. “He kept saying, ‘Are you biting me?’ And I thought, ‘You're an idiot, you're a fool.’ And he said, ‘Stop biting me.’ And I thought, ‘No.’”

She was sexually assaulted, but still calls herself lucky because she wasn't raped.

“It was a small victory for me because he said I was helpless, and I wasn't helpless,” said the woman.

She was not only armed with the will to survive, but also with a gun.

“I have to admit that night, I thought, 'If only I had got to that gun, I would have shot him so many times,’” she said.

When she saw a picture of Campbell, she said she knew police had the right man.

When she got word Campbell died, she said her heart instantly turned to other women who were attacked.

“It's probably better this way, the women he hurt so severely, they're not gonna have to go up and relive it,” she said, referring to a trial. “They need to realize how brave they are and that they are survivors.”

The woman is also a survivor, already moving on with her life, yet still thinking about what she would say to the man who violated her, if she had the chance.

“I'd walk up to him and say, ‘Do you think your mother is proud of you for this?’ Would I hit him or hurt him? No. I would just say, 'You poor, pathetic thing, what is wrong with you that you do these things?'” she said.

It's an answer she said Campbell took to his grave.

While she feels the nightmare is over she said the death is not enough to let her guard down.

“Will I still be careful? Yes, because he's not the only horrible person out there,” she said.

The woman also said she feels for Campbell’s family.

“I can't imagine what his mother is going through. This is not, when you have a child, what you imagine your child is going to turn out to be,” she said. “I can't imagine the agony his family is feeling having their son die and knowing the circumstances.”