Roasted Vegetable And Pesto Pasta Salad
· 2 cups whole wheat penne (or other whole wheat pasta of your choosing)
· 4 cups mixed vegetables, cut into pieces for roasting (Suggested: red pepper, mushroom, zucchini, and asparagus)
· Olive oil, salt, and pepper, (Optional: red pepper flakes, garlic powder)*
· ½ cup pesto
· 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
· 1 clove garlic
· 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
· kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
· 3 tbsp olive oil
1. In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing. (This can be made a day ahead to allow for longer marinating time and great flavor). Store in a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use or you can freeze to use at a later date.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Cook pasta according to directions.
3. Place vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with red pepper flakes*, garlic powder*, salt, and pepper here. Spread veggies on a large baking sheet.
4. While pasta is cooking, Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until vegetables have softened and browned.
5. Combined pasta, roasted vegetables, and toss with pesto sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.