Mistakes Doom ORU Women On The Road
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Second half turnovers proved too much for the Oral Roberts University women's basketball team to overcome Sunday as they fell, 73-63, to IPFW in Summit League action.
The Golden Eagles led the entire first half, however the Mastodons slowly cut into the ORU lead before the break. ORU held a slim 40-39 lead at the intermission that would slowly disappear.
The second half was controlled by IPFW as the Mastodons opened with a 19-5 run and took a 14 point lead with 7:55 left in the game. A total 26 turnovers were too much for ORU to overcome as their rally fell short.
Vicky McIntyre recorded her 12th double-double of the season as she finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds while playing most of the second half with four fouls.
IPFW was led by Haley Seibert who finished with a game-high 21 points.
The Turning Point
IPFW raced out to a 10-2 run to start the second half and parlayed it into a 14 point advantage. The Golden Eagles got as close as eight in the final 10 minutes but were unable to close the gap as the Mastodons held on for the win.
Oral Roberts: Vicky McIntyre finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
IPFW: Haley Seibert scored a game-high 21 points and added three steals.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU shot 43 percent from the field in the game, the highest percentage since a 46 percent effort against St. Gregory's.
- The Golden Eagles out-rebounded IPFW 42-38. It was the third highest margin of the season behind +33 vs. St. Gregory's and +25 vs. Austin Peay.
- The 26 turnovers for ORU were the most since a 47-38 loss to North Carolina A&T when the Golden Eagles committed 33 turnovers.
News & Notes
- ORU heads home for a three game home stand against IUPUI, Western Illinois and Omaha.
- The Golden Eagles are 7-10 on the season and 1-3 in the Summit League.
- ORU is 6-1 at home and 0-7 on the road this season.
ORU returns home to open a three game home stand against IUPUI Wednesday. Tip-off from the Mabee Center is set for 7 p.m.