Cigarette May Have Sparked Fire At Owasso Restaurant
OWASSO, Oklahoma - Firefighters believe a discarded cigarette started a fire that forced the evacuation of Owasso's Cracker Barrel restaurant Sunday afternoon.
Owasso and Limestone Fire Departments got the call at around 2 p.m. in the 9400 block of North Owasso Expressway.
Firefighters arrived to find the fire burning on an outside wall. They say a cigarette thrown on the ground may have caught some mulch on fire, which then spread to the wall.
No injures were reported.
Power to the restaurant was shut down for a short time but firefighters quickly restored it so food in the freezer wouldn't spoil.