JENKS, Oklahoma - Some Jenks firefighters are having to sleep at another fire station due to concerns about mold at their fire station.

The City of Jenks tells News On 6 it all started with a leaky roof at station #2 at 1115 West 121st Street.  

While investigating the leak, firefighters thought they found mold, so the city brought in an expert to conduct tests. Fire union officials say those tests confirmed above average levels of mold in some of rooms.

Jenks Firefighters Association IAFF Local 2567 president Clint East says members have told him they believe the mold is making them sick. He says the fire department is now conducting air quality checks in all the rooms at both of the city's fire stations. Station #1 is located at 205 North Elm.

East says firefighters assigned to station #2 are now sleeping at station #1, while station #1 firefighters are staging at nearby convenience stores.

The City of Jenks says station #2 remains open during the day.