Marinated Grilled Chicken With Cucumber-Watermelon Salsa
Wednesday, August 17th 2016, 9:52 AM CDT
• For the marinade (makes enough for 1lb of meat):
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 4 crushed garlic cloves, peeled (not chopped)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (+/- to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• For the Watermelon-Cucumber Salsa:
- 1 ½ cups chopped watermelon
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- drizzle of honey
- salt & pepper
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a bowl then transfer to a plastic Ziplock bag.
- Pound chicken to an even thickness then score diagonally across the top and place inside bag with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes a side, or until no longer pink in the center. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- For the Watermelon-Cucumber Salsa: combine ingredients in a bowl then spoon over grilled chicken.