Pesto Stuffed Chicken
Thursday, August 18th 2016, 7:27 AM CDT
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 4 cups Fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup Pine nuts
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 sticks butter softened
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 whole eggs (beaten)
- Panko bread crumbs
- In mixer combine basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, butter, garlic, and salt and beat until whipped and combined. When well combined place mixture on parchment paper in shape of log roll paper until you form log and freeze for up to 1 hour.
- While freezing, place flour, beaten eggs and Panko with pinch of pepper in three separate bowls.
- When butter mixtures are frozen, cut small slit into chicken breast and insert 1 slice of butter mixture into chicken.
- Take stuffed chicken breast and in order coat with flour, beaten eggs then Panko.
- In medium sauté pan add oil for frying (olive or vegetable)
- When oil is hot place chicken face down in oil and begin to fry for two-three minutes on each side.
- When golden brown place in 375 degree oven and continue to cook until internal temperature of 165 degrees for at least 60 seconds.