Oklahoma Joe's World Championship Brisket
Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 8:46 AM CDT
- 1 Whole Brisket , 12-16 lbs.
- Oklahoma Joe’s Original BBQ Rub
- Oklahoma Joe’s Steak Maker
- Fire up your Grill/Smoker as per the instructions in the manual.
- Make sure to build the fire next to one side of the grill, or in the Firebox so that you cook with indirect heat.
- Trim brisket to have no more than ¼ inch of fat inside and out.
- Liberally apply Original BBQ Rub and Steak Maker to the brisket.
- Once charcoal is ready to cook on, add a few wood chunks to the fire.
- Cook brisket (unwrapped) at 250ºF to 275ºF using indirect heat and smoke for 6 hours. Make sure brisket is positioned away from the coal bed, near the smoke stack. Add charcoal and wood as needed to maintain cooking temperature.
- After brisket has cooked 6 hours, place brisket in foil.
- Continue to cook for approximately 3 hours at 275 to 300 degrees
- Pull brisket from cooker and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour before slicing and serving. Slice against the grain for best results.
- Make sure that brisket reaches a minimum internal meat temperature of 190F. For best results, keep brisket from exceeding 200ºF.