Civil War Re-Enactment Planned For Wagoner County
WAGONER COUNTY, Oklahoma - Green Country residents can experience living history at the Coweta Civil War re-enactment this month. The ninth annual Coweta Mission Civil War Weekend is set for October 28 through 30.
Battles are scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. You can also experience camp tours, artillery and infantry demonstrations, a battlefield hospital and period music.
The re-enactment takes place at 32721 East 161st Street South in Wagoner County.
- Friday, Oct. 28: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. with events including tours of an infantry camp, artillery battery, medical hospital, engineering, and musical performances
Saturday, Oct. 29:
- 1 p.m. Civil War battle
- 3 to 6 p.m. Living history of camps, artillery demonstrations on the hour, infantry demonstrations on the half hour
Sunday, Oct. 30:
- 9 a.m. Camps open to the public
- 10 a.m. Civil War church service
- 1 p.m. Civil War battle with infantry and artillery
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for children. A weekend family pass for the entire family is available for $10. All proceeds go to the Military History Center at 112 North Main Street in Broken Arrow.