Andolini's Opulent Mac & Cheese
Friday, October 14th 2016, 11:13 AM CDT
- 6 tablespoons of butter [3 in stick form and three melted]
- Garlic to taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup shredded or crumbled Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Pasta of your choice, cooked & drained (suggestion: Penne Pasta)
- Fresh shredded basil for garnish
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a 12" skillet over low to medium heat, add melted butter.
- Stir in heavy cream
- Stir in Romano Cheese
- Add shredded Parmesan, stir to melt together
- Once melted and combined, add cooked pasta and stir to coat noodles
- Add in 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese
- Add in garlic
- Stir until cheese is melted and everything is well combined. Mixture should be slightly bubbly, but not browned.
- Place contents of skillet into baker bowl(s) — 1 or more depending on the size of your bowls
- Top with remainder of mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese until bubbly and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh shredded basil and serve.