On The Field: OSU vs. Pac-12 Teams
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - With Oklahoma State going up against Colorado in the 2016 Valero Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29, it should be noted that the Cowboys have had success against teams currently playing in the Pac-12 Conference, compiling an 8-2 record in their last 10 games played against teams from the Pac-12.
Of course, Colorado was a long-time Big Eight and Big 12 Conference foe before moving to the Pac-12 in 2011, but it's not as if Oklahoma State piled up most of those wins against the Buffaloes. Rather, the Cowboys have spread those wins out over a number of Pac-12 opponents.
A closer look at what the Cowboys have done in their last 10 games against teams now competing in the Pac-12:
2008 vs. Washington State: W, 39-13
- Cowboys traveled to Seattle to defeat Cougars at Seahawks' stadium.
2008 at Colorado: W, 30-17
- Dez Bryant led all players with 82 receiving yards in the road victory.
2008 vs. Oregon: L, 31-42
- Cowboys jumped out to a 17-7 lead that slipped away after injuries changed the game.
2009 vs. Colorado: W, 31-28
- Brandon Weeden came in after halftime and rallied OSU to victory.
2010 vs. Washington State: W, 65-20
- Justin Blackmon scored four touchdowns in season-opening blowout.
2010 vs. Arizona (Valero Alamo Bowl): W, 36-10
- OSU defense held Nick Foles and Arizona 20 points below its season average.
2011 vs. Arizona: W, 37-14
- Weeden, Blackmon and running back Joseph Randle terrorized Wildcat defense.
2011 vs. Stanford (Fiesta Bowl): W, 41-38
- One of the signature wins of Gundy's career. Cowboys beat Andrew Luck, No. 4 Cardinal.
2012 at Arizona: L, 38-59
- After losing to OSU in each of the two seasons, Arizona salvaged victory in Tucson.
2014 vs. Washington (Cactus Bowl): W, 30-22
- Cowboys roared to a 24-0 lead at half before Huskies made a game of it.