Holiday Appetizers: Sausage Pinwheels & Brie Bites
Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 9:42 AM CST
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound Greer's Ranch House pork sausage
- 1/2 cup Southern Okie Gourmet Apple Spread
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium skillet, brown sausage and onion. Drain sausage; add apple spread to mixture and heat through.
- Roll one pastry sheet into a rectangle, spread with 1/2 sausage mixture. Begin with one side and roll pastry into log form. Moisten with water and seal edges with a fork. Slice roll into 1-inch pieces. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining sausage mixture.
- Place sliced pieces on baking sheet. Bake 12-18 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- 1 box frozen phyllo shells
- 1 container Brie cheese
- 1 Southern Okie Gourmet Apple Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove phyllo shells from package. Cut Brie into small cubes. Place cheese in shells. Add apple spread to each cup.
- Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted through.