TULSA, Oklahoma - Firefighters spent some time Saturday morning in one Tulsa neighborhood offering free smoke detectors to local residents.

The Tulsa Fire Department says the effort comes after a fire near Admiral and 120th East Avenue on December 21, 2016 which destroyed a mobile home.

Firefighters said the entire structure was on fire when they pulled up.

A family of five lost everything in the fire.  The fire department says no one was hurt or trapped in the home, but they add, the home didn't have a working smoke detector.

The firefighters returned to that neighborhood Saturday and this time went door to door offering residents a smoke detector if they didn't have a working one in their home.