Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs
Thursday, August 10th 2017, 12:57 PM CDT
- 1lb ground chuck
- 15 slices of bacon, partially cooked
- 15 cheese cubes of your favorite: Cheddar, Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack
- 15 bamboo skewers or long toothpicks
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 minutes until cooked but not crispy.
- While the bacon is in the oven, form 15 golf ball size balls with the ground chuck.
- Take each ball of ground chuck and press in the center with your thumb, careful not to push a hole completely through the ball.
- Place one cube of cheese in each meat ball and form the meat around the cheese to turn back into a ball, completely covering the cheese.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and allow to cool.
- Season meatballs with salt and pepper, then wrap one slice of partially-cooked bacon around each meatball. Secure bacon around meatball by sticking a skewer or long toothpick through its center.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium/high heat with vegetable oil and cook meatballs on each side for 2 minutes, covering the pan with a lid after each time you rotate them.
- Drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy or make them into fun sliders.