Roasted Pears With Oatmeal-Raisin Crumble
Monday, September 18th 2017, 1:10 PM CDT
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cold unsalted butter, cut into ¼- inch dice
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tbsp green pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp golden raisins, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 4 large firm-ripe Anjou or Bartlett pears, unpeeled, halved, cored
- Preheat oven to 375?F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl use a fork to cut butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal; stir in the oats, sugar, pumpkin seeds, raisins, cinnamon, zest, and salt until well-combined.
- Cut a thin slice off the rounded side of each pear half so that pears will sit flat; place pear halves on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 ½ tbsp. crumble topping over each pear half; bake until crumble is golden and pears are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Serve the pears hot or warm.