Siegi's Bratwurst On A Bun
Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 7:54 AM CDT
- Fully Cooked Bratwurst
- Olive Oil
- Hot Water (simmering not boiling)
- Bratwurst Buns
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Place bratwurst in a pot of simmering water for 5-10 min or until heated through. Internal temp of 165 Degrees F. (Tip: Make sure your water is just simmering and not boiling, or your bratwurst may come out of the natural casing.)
- Once bratwurst are heated through (165F), place them in a skillet with olive and brown. You've already heated up the brats, so now all you're doing is giving some nice color.
- Heat your sauerkraut up in the skillet with the bratwurst.
- Take the bratwurst and place them in a hearty bratwurst bun, top with sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard.
- Serve Immediately with a cold German Beer.