Jala-ween-o Mummy Poppers
- 1 box puff pastry sheets, cut into 1/2'' strips
- 3 jalapenos, cut in half (long ways) and seeded
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- 6 strips bacon cooked halfway, 2 strips of uncooked bacon
- 8-oz block of cream cheese, cut into 1/2'' x 1/2'' pieces
- 2 eggs, separated (only need egg whites)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- While waiting for oven to preheat, lay out a sheet of puff pastry and cut 1/2'' strips the length of the sheet.
- Cut the 3 jalapenos in half long ways and remove the seeds, and dice 1 jalapeno.
- Using knife dipped in warm water, cut the cream cheese into 1/2'' x 1/2'' pieces.
- Using the uncooked bacon, cut 12, 3/4'' circle pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg whites and cold water
- Take 1 piece of the halved jalapeno and place a piece of the cream cheese inside. Then take a piece of the 1/2 cooked bacon and wrap around the jalapeno and cream cheese. Repeat with all jalapeno halves.
- Take a strip of the puff pastry and wrap around the jalapeno, cream cheese and bacon, making sure to start at the bottom of the jalapeno and leave a small opening at the top.
- Lay the puff pastry-wrapped poppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a pastry brush, brush each popper with the egg white and water mixture. Place 2 of the bacon circles at the top of each popper, then dab a tiny amount of the egg white mixture on top of the bacon circles and place 1 piece of the diced jalapeno in the center of the bacon (this will be the eyes of the mummy).
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 12 minutes and serve with your favorite Ranch dressing.