Daikon, Watermelon Radish & Beets With Nut Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 small daikon radish—peeled, very thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 watermelon radish—peeled, very thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 raw Chioggia beet—peeled, very thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 raw yellow beet—peeled, very thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 small head red radicchio—leaves separated
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup pine nuts
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 heaped tablespoon nut mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- On a large platter, arrange the daikon and beet slices and radicchio leaves in an attractive manner, interspersing the different varieties and colors.
- Dry roast the pistachios and pine nuts in a small pan over low heat until they release their aroma. Immediately scatter the warm nuts over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients to form an emulsion. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and serve.