Lotus Chicken Salad
- 4 cups chicken - cooked and cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red onion - finely chopped/minced
- 1 cup celery - thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes - halved
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 cup candied pecans (cashews, walnuts or almonds can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- Either cook chicken breasts, cool then chop into small cubes, or used canned, prepared chicken.
- A vegetable slicer or mandolin is preferred for cutting up onion and celery. All other chopped or sliced ingredients, use a chef knife and chop/cut.
- Nuts and dried fruit can be optional items and you can substitute chopped walnuts, cashews or sliced almonds for the chopped pecans.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl, mix thoroughly, chill and serve.