Andolini's Heart-Shaped Pizza
- Pizza dough (or pick up a dough ball from Andolini's)
- Red sauce
- Red toppings (Pepperoni, Canadian bacon, pastrami, red peppers, anything that is the color of love)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive Oil
- Basil leaves
- Preheat your oven, and a pizza stone if you have one, to 500°.
- Start with your favorite dough, or pick up a dough ball from Andolini's
- Push it out into a circle the way you normally would. Then push in the center of one arch of the circle to make the two peaks at the top of the heart.
- Opposite the peaks, shape the dough with your hands and a slight tugging to create the "V" at the bottom of the heart.
- Be gentle with the dough.
- For Valentine's Day, go with the red sauce and red toppings… Pepperoni, Canadian bacon, pastrami, red peppers, anything that is the color of love.
- Use mozzarella to taste, a little bit of olive oil sprinkled over the pie before baking and again after baking.
- Bake the pizza directly on the stone or on a cookie sheet until the crust is browned and the cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle sparingly with red rock salt after the bake. A few fresh leaves of basil set off the red toppings, and add a nice complex flavor to your custom Valentine's pie.