Reasor's Baked Brie In Pastry
Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 1:04 PM CST
- 1 sheet pie pastry
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 (13.2 ounces) Brie or Camembert cheese wheel
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Apple slices
- Set out frozen pie crust at least 15 minutes at room temperature to ensure it doesn't crumble.
- Unroll pie pastry.
- Spread jam into a 4-1/2 inch circle in center of pastry; place cheese over jam.
- Fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough, pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- If desired, cut the trimmed pastry pieces into decorative shapes and place on top.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm with apple slices.