- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips or 6 -8 baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb sugar snap peas
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 brightly colored bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup olive or grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs or herbes de Provence
- 1 lb penne
- 15 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Preheat the oven to 450°.
On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 9 – 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine. Toss with the cherry tomatoes and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle and toss with the Parmigiano and serve immediately.