Hop Jam Chicken
Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 1:00 PM CDT
- 8 pieces of Chicken (legs and thighs)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup beer (hoppy, like an IPA)
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Korean chile paste
- Scallions to garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the rub ingredients and evenly coat chicken. Space chicken out evenly in a cast iron pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the beer glaze ingredients.
- Remove cast iron pan to stove top and apply medium heat. Add glaze to the pan and let it simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Evenly coat chicken in glaze.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve.