6 Eastern Oklahoma Educators Among 12 Teacher Of The Year Finalists
OKLAHOMA CITY - State Superintendent of Public Instruction Joy Hofmeister announced the 12 finalists for Oklahoma’s next Teacher of the Year Thursday morning.
Six of them teach in eastern Oklahoma classrooms.
- Natalie Fielden - Kindergarten teacher at Sapulpa Public Schools
- Amy Greenhaw - Special Education teacher at Jenks Public School
- Carol Hunsperger - 3rd Grade teacher at Grove Public Schools
- Jenny Morphis - 1st Grade teacher at Hilldale Schools in Muskogee
- Warren Neff - STEM Math teacher at Bartlesville Public Schools
- Jannean Thompson - 5th Grader teacher at Berryhill Public Schools
Hofmeister says the finalists are "some of Oklahoma’s finest educators who are making a difference in the lives of our students every day.”
The other six finalists include:
- Catherine Adams - Piedmont Public Schools
- Shari Gateley - Putnam City Schools
- Teresa Lansford - Norman Public Schools.
- Rebecca Oglesby - Yukon Public Schools
- Jessica Robinson - Altus Public Schools
- Michelle Shelton - Noble Public Schools
All finalists are teachers of the year for their respective districts.
The 2019 Oklahoma Teacher of the Year will be named September 18 in a ceremony at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City.