Twelve Named To State Medical Marijuana Food Safety Standards Board
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Health Department has appointed 12 members to the Medical Marijuana Food Safety Standards Board.
The group is now tasked to recommend standards for processing and handling medical marijuana.
The members come from a wide range of fields.
- Becky Johnson, Pharmacist
- Dr. Ravirajsinh Jadeja, Asst. Professor of Food Safety, Oklahoma State University
- Scott Yates, Supervisor of Meat and Poultry Inspection, Oklahoma Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Forestry
- Scott Schaeffer, Managing Director, Oklahoma Poison Control
- Fenton Rood, Asst. Director of Land Protection, Oklahoma Dept. of Environmental Quality
- Mark Woodward, Public Information/Education Officer and Legislative Liaison, Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs
- Bud Scott, Executive Director, New Health Solutions Oklahoma
- Ray Jennings, Patient Advocate
- Kara Burst, Executive Officer, Business Sustainability and Auxiliary Services, Department of Commerce, Chickasaw Nation
- Dr. Edd Rhoades, Medical Director, Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Troy Skow, Consumer Protection Administrator, OKC-County Health Department
- Travis Splawn, Field Supervisor, Tulsa Health Department
“We tried to identify people with expertise in food handling and inspection, science and patient advocacy,” said OSDH Interim Commissioner Tom Bates.
“To make sure we had a variety of different voices at the table, we took a multi-disciplinary approach in the selection process.”