Friday, August 10th 2018, 12:30 PM CDT
- 1 14 oz. dough, pushed out to a 14” pizza crust, on a lightly floured pizza peel
- 1 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for base, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 12 slices of fresh whole milk mozzarella — buy a ball (or balls) of mozzarella and slice it yourself. You will taste the difference on the pizza.
- Fresh whole leaf basil, 9 to 12 leaves depending on size and your taste.
- Pinch of red rock salt.
- Spread tablespoon of olive oil over pushed out pizza crust on peel.
- Use your hands to break up the tomatoes and spread them over the crust.
- Lay the 12 mozzarella slices over the tomatoes.
- Add basil leaves.
- Bake in hot (500 degree) oven on a hot pizza stone, using the pizza peel to transfer the pie to the stone. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. Usually about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use the peel to remove the baked pie from the stone.
- After baking, drizzle pizza lightly with more olive oil, and sprinkle it with a pinch of red rock salt.