Slow Cooker Sweet And Sour Meatballs
Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 2:38 PM CDT
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (made from toasted Braum’s bread)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Daddy Hinkle’s seasoning
- 2 pounds Peach Crest Farms ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Tomato Jam
- ½ cup Garden Club grape jelly
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup Garden Club vinegar
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, garlic cloves and Daddy Hinkle’s. Add ground beef, mixing until ingredients are combined.
- Shape into 1 to 2-inch balls. Place on a cooking rack in a baking pan. (This keeps the meatballs from getting soggy and helps them brown.) Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine tomato sauce, chicken broth, tomato jam, grape jelly, brown sugar and vinegar. Transfer the meatballs to a slow cooker. Add pineapple and green pepper. Pour sauce on top.
- Cook on low 3 hours or until meatballs are cooked through and flavors have combined.
- Add the pineapple and peppers and cook for an additional hour.