Butternut Squash Quinoa Skillet
Monday, November 5th 2018, 1:55 PM CST
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 16 oz. Panera® Autumn Squash Soup
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 10 oz. frozen diced butternut squash
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add crushed red pepper.
- Add soup, quinoa, stock, and thyme, stirring to combine. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid. Add squash. Stir to combine and continue cooking 3-5 more minutes until quinoa is cooked and liquid has been absorbed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.