Turkey Sausage And Apple Stuffing
Monday, December 3rd 2018, 2:40 PM CST
- 1 20oz. loaf Panera Country White Sliced Bread, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 lb. Turkey Sausage, casing removed
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup leek, white and light green only, sliced thing (about 1 leek)
- 1 cup celery, diced ¼-inch (about 2 stalks)
- 1 apple, Fuji, diced ¼-inch
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. poultry blend herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary), finely chopped
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and place into oven for 10 minutes while preheating oven to 350°F to allow them to dry out slightly.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey sausage and cook for 5 minutes, while breaking up into crumbles with a spatula or spoon, until it is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in the same pan and sauté leek, celery, and apple for 10 minutes until golden brown and cooked down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, eggs, and herbs.
- In a large bowl, toss together bread, broth mixture, cooked turkey sausage, and vegetable apple mixture. Toss gently until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart baking dish and bake covered for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes until stuffing becomes golden brown on the top.