MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma - Firefighters responded to an early morning fire in Muskogee at The China King restaurant at 231 West Shawnee Street. Firefighters say the fire started a little before 6 a.m. Monday. 

The building was heavily damaged. 

Fire Marshal Derrell Jones said their early investigation indicates the fire started from neon lighting at the front of the building. 
 
There was no actual fire damage inside the restaurant, but Jones said there's extensive damage from smoke and water. He estimates repairs to cost more than $500,000.

There are no reports of injuries.