Make Your Mother's Day Photo Contest Official Rules
- The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 21 years of age, who reside in NEWS ON 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.NewsOn6.com/contests or click here. Employees of NEWS ON 6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
- By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS ON 6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
- “Contest Officials” designated by the management of NEWS ON 6 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
- Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any person’s participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
- Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
- NEWS ON 6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
- Contest Period: Entries for the 2019 Make Your Mother’s Day Photo Contest will be accepted starting Monday, April 22, 2019 through Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- How to Enter: To enter the 2019 Make Your Mother’s Day Photo Contest, entrant must post a photo of the person they will be celebrating on Mother’s Day to Facebook and tag @MathisBrothersFuniture.Tulsa. Photos posted directly on the News On 6 Facebook page or the Mathis Brothers Furniture – Tulsa Page that do not tag Mathis Brothers Furniture noted above, will not be included in the prize drawing.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant’s Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and used as permitted herein. Sponsor reserves the right to request releases from any third parties appearing in any Submissions at any time. Failure to produce third-party releases upon Sponsor’s request may result in disqualification, as determined by Sponsor is its sole and absolute discretion.
- Winner Selection: Three (3) winners will be selected, by random generator, from all eligible entries received. Winners will be contacted via Facebook Messenger. In the event winner does not respond to News On 6 within four (4) weeks of initial contact, such prize will be deemed forfeited. No alternate winners will be selected in the event prizes have been forfeited because of non-response and no replacement prizes will be provided. It is the entrant’s responsibility to check Facebook Messenger and respond to a News On 6 representative within the allotted time. Prizewinners will be selected and contacted on or before May 9, 2019.
- Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that News On 6, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- Submission Guidelines:
- All photos must be original, meaning you may only enter photographs that you took and for which you own the copyright.
- Sponsor reserves the right to crop photos.
- A subtle watermark in the corner of the image is acceptable, but Sponsor reserves the right to crop photos, which may remove a watermark. The watermark should cover no more than 5% of the photo.
Sponsor reserves the right to make minor alterations to photo titles and descriptions for the purpose of correcting grammatical and spelling mistakes, etc.
- Content Restrictions:
- Photos must be family appropriate for all ages.
- Photos must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other intellectual property rights;
- Photos must not contain materials which contain visible identifiable or potentially identifiable information, including but not limited to, phone numbers, website links, street addresses, email addresses or license plate numbers;
- Photos must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- Photos must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- Photos must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Photos must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Release: By entering, participant acknowledges and agrees that News On 6, Mathis Brothers Furniture and/or the Tulsa CW, can use, publish and reproduce for any and all purposes including, but not limited to, publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including outdoor, online and on-air), the participant’s name, city, photograph, likeness, voice and image. Participant also agrees that any and all photos are submitted in perpetuity without compensation, credit or right of review or approval.
- Alternate form of Entry: mailing or delivering a post card entry to “NEWS ON 6: 2019 MAKE YOUR MOTHER’S DAY,” 303 N. Boston Ave., Tulsa, OK 74103. Entries must include participant's name, age, address, daytime phone number, e-mail address (include “None” if participant does not have an email address), and a photo of the person they would like to celebrate this Mother’s Day. Alternate form of Entries must be received by 3:00pm (CST) on Friday, May 3, 2019. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproduction will not be eligible.
- Prize: Each winner will receive one (1) Boulevard Ocean Drive in Turquoise Sofa, or any other sofa valued at $800 or less, from Mathis Brother’s Furniture. Total Prize Value: $800.
- Odds of being selected depend on the number of contest entries received.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Complete rules are available at NEWS ON 6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.NewsOn6.com/Contests.
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.NewsOn6.com.