Grilled Pineapple With Brown Sugar Glaze And Coconut Sorbet
TULSA, Oklahoma - Coconut Sorbet
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 (15 oz.) can Cream of Coconut
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks or about 3 minutes on high speed.
- Fold in the cream of coconut until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart freezer safe container.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
1 whole pineapple, peeled and cut into slices
4 cups coconut rum
2 cups brown sugar
½ cup toasted coconut flakes for garnish
Butter or pan coating
- Peel and slice fresh pineapple. Pour the coconut rum into a bowl and add the pineapple slices. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- If using an outside grill, make sure the grill is cleaned and hot. Lightly coat the grill with melted butter or a suitable non-stick grill spray. If using a pan on the stove top, make sure the pan is hot and coated with butter or non-stick spray.
- Remove slices from rum and coat with brown sugar. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes to allow brown sugar to dissolve in rum.
- Grill the pineapple slices for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the grilled slices in a bowl and top with coconut sorbet and toasted coconut flakes.