Grilled Peaches With Honey And Yogurt
Hillcrest Dietician Stephanie Harris has a great idea for those Porter peaches you just bought!
- 4 medium ripe peaches, cut in half (pit removed)
- ½ cup honey flavored fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Place peaches cut side down on the grill. Grill on low or indirect heat until soft, about 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Combine yogurt and cinnamon.
- To plate the dessert, place one peach half on each dish and scoop 1 Tbsp of yogurt in the hollow of each peach half.
Drizzle honey over the yogurt, peaches and around the dish. Sprinkle chopped pecans onto each dish in and around the honey.
- Serve immediately.
Note: If you are making several servings, you can scoop the yogurt with a small scooper, and place the scoops of yogurt on a plate. Set the plate in the freezer while you complete the recipe. This makes the yogurt more firm and able to stand up to the residual heat of the peach.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: ½ peach Calories: 78 • Fat: 0g Protein: 2 g Carb: 19 g Fiber: 2 g