Surf's Up BBQ Pork Sliders & Amber's Maple Ginger Coleslaw
Surf's Up BBQ Pork Sliders
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3-5lb)
- 1 C crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1tbs garlic salt
- 1tbs rubbed sage
- 1tbs smoked bbq seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2c bbq sauce (more to taste optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Slice yellow onion, add to crock pot along with the crushed pineapple.
- Sprinkle spice mixture on top of the pork roast then rub along the outside, coating the top and sides. Place in crock pot on top of onions and pineapple.
- Slow roast on low in crock pot for approximately 8 hours (could be more or less based on weight of roast). Remove roast from pot and cut ties (if tied). Return to crock pot, shred pork, and add bbq sauce. Cook 30 more minutes on low, stirring hallway.
- Serve as sliders, tacos, or as a delicious addition to Mac and Cheese!
Amber's Maple Ginger Coleslaw
- ½ head purple cabbage
- ½ head cabbage
- 1c shredded carrots
- 1c olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Finely shred cabbage (removing core) and toss together with shredded carrots.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, ginger paste, celery seeds, and salt/pepper. Taste for acidity/sweetness and adjust seasoning as desired. Pour 2/3 of the dressing over the cabbage and carrots then mix well.
- If the coleslaw seems dry, add a more dressing. Eat right away or let refrigerate for an hour before serving.