Mole Chicken Pasta
The Hard Rock Casino's Executive Chief Kirk Swaby shares a recipe for mole chicken pasta.
2- 8oz Chicken Breast (with or without skin)
10oz Fettuccini Pasta (one handful)
3 cloves of Garlic
8oz of ready-made Mole sauce (found at your local grocery store)
4oz Heavy whipping Cream
4oz Tomato Puree
2oz white wine
4tsp Olive oil
1tsp coffee grounds
1Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1tsp black pepper
2 Medium size pot
Oven safe sheet pan/ tray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating gather all ingredients.
- Gather garlic cloves and shallot, finely chop garlic and shallots and set aside.
- Take 1tsp salt, 1tsp black pepper, 1Tbsp Cajun seasoning and mix together well.
- Take chicken breast and season completely, with seasoning mixture and set aside.
- Take sauté pan, place on stove and set to medium high heat, once pan is hot add 2tsp of olive oil.
- Seared chicken breast skin side down (or front side down). Sear on both side for approx. 2-3 min each side or until golden brown.
- Once chicken is browned place on prepped sheet pan and place in 400 degree preheated oven for 15mins.
- While chicken is in oven take sauce pan and add mole, heavy cream, tomato puree, and coffee grounds. Whisk together and simmer for 5-8mins and Medium heat.
- In separate pot add water and salt then bring to boil.
- Add pasta to water and cook until cooked through.
- Bring sauté pan heat to medium add spinach, remaining garlic, capers, white wine, salt and pepper and quickly sauté the spinach. Once finished remove from heat.
- In your favorite pasta plate or bowl add desired amount of sauce to the bottom of plate, next add cooked pasta, atop of pasta add sautéed spinach and then finish with slice chicken breast.
- Next Enjoy!