A Tulsa woman has lost her home, belongs and pets to fire Tuesday morning, December 17. News On 6 reporter Amy Kauffman was on scene as emergency crews got to the home in the 600 block of East 42nd Street North.
The fire started just before 11:30 a.m. The homeowner said she was asleep inside the home when the fire began. A neighbor banged on the door to wake her home.
She had to leave her home in pajamas and with no shoes.
The woman was able to get two of her dogs out, but she lost several other dogs and cats.
The woman said she believes one of the animals may have knocked over a space heater in the garage, sparking the fire. Firefighters confirmed that was the cause.
Tulsa firefighters told the woman the house isn't liveable, and she said she has another place to stay.