2019 NEWS ON 6 DONATE TO WIN MATTRESS GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Wednesday, September 25th 2019, 3:31 pm
By: News On 6
- The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in News On 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of News On 6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
- Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by News On 6 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by News On 6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner’s acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
- “Contest Officials” designated by the management of News On 6 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
- Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
- Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
- News On 6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
- Participants may enter by making a minimum donation of $3.00 to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma Food for Kids Program. Donations can be made at the News On 6 Booth at the 2019 Tulsa State Fair. Each $3.00 donation made will receive one (1) entry into the drawing. Entry form must include ALL information requested. In the event an entry form is missing a response, it will be deemed null and void, and such entry will not be entered into the drawing. In the event a participant does not have an email or telephone number, they should respond with “NONE”. However, all entries must include either a phone number or an email address. If “NONE” is marked for both, a phone number and email, such form will be deemed null and void and will not be included in the prize drawing. This information is required to contact the winner.
All monies received that (a) isn’t accompanied by a complete entry form; (b) isn’t accompanied by a valid entry form, (c) doesn’t meet the $3.00 minimum and/or (d) doesn’t equal the $3.00 increments, will be considered a monetary donation to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma Food For Kids Program and donor will not receive an entry into the prize drawing.
The News On 6 booth is located inside the River Spirit Expo Building, upper level, spot 396. For a map of the River Spirit Expo Building, click here. The News On 6 booth will be open during the following hours:
September 26, 2019: 11:00am-8:00pm
September 27, 2019: 10:00am-8:00pm
September 28, 2019: 10:00am-8:00pm
September 29, 2019: 10:00am-8:00pm
September 30, 2019: 11:00am-8:00pm
October 1, 2019: 11:00am-8:00pm
October 2, 2019: 11:00am-8:00pm
October 3, 2019: 11:00am-8:00pm
October 4, 2019: 10:00am-8:00pm
October 5, 2019: 10:00am-8:00pm
October 6, 2019: 10:00am-8:00pm
- Alternate form of Entry: Participants may submit a postcard entry via mail or hand delivery to News On 6: 2019 Donate to Win Mattress Giveaway, 303 N. Boston, Tulsa, OK 74103. Postcard entry must include participant’s name, town, zip, age, email address and contact phone number. If an entry form does not include a phone number or an email address, such entry will be deemed null and void. All Entries, including the alternate form of entry, must be received on or before 8:00pm on October 6, 2019. Entries received from the News On 6 State Fair Booth, online entries and the alternate form of entries will be combined and one (1) winner will be selected by random number generator.
- In the event of any of the following, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner:
- Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. News On 6 is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by News On 6;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
- Winner does not have to be present to win.
- No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by News On 6 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
- Prize: One (1) Queen Size Corsicana Grateful Euro Top Mattress from Mattress Firm. (Total Prize Value: $500). Prize is non-exchangeable and has no cash value. Each day, starting Sept. 26-Oct. 6, 2019, one (1) winner will be selected, by random number generator, from all entries received. Therefore, a total of eleven (11) winners. Deadline to enter is Sunday, October 6, 2019, at 8:00pm. Winners will be selected and contacted on or before Friday, October 11, 2019.
- Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner, Official Rules and IRS Form W-9 (“Documents”) provided by News On 6. The signed Documents must be received by News On 6 within ten (10) days of the winner’s notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. News On 6 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Complete rules are available at News On 6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.NewsOn6.com.