Oven Baked Barbecue Brisket
Tuesday, July 16th 2019, 7:16 pm
By: News On 6
Natalie Mikles from Made In Oklahoma shows us a great recipe for summer get-togethers.
Description: Bake this brisket in the morning, and it will be ready for a party in the afternoon.
- 1 beef brisket (5 to 8 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons Head Country All-Purpose Championship Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bottle Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce
- Trim fat from brisket, leaving ¼-inch of fat to maintain moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning and liquid smoke. Rub mixture over brisket.
- Line a heavy-bottomed rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. Tightly wrap brisket in foil, then place on top of lined baking sheet. Bake in a 275-degree oven for 5 hours. Uncover, then pour 1 cup barbecue sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Let meat cool slightly, then slice thin and serve with remaining sauce.