Thai Grilled Chicken Satay With Pineapple & Asian Sesame Peanut Sauce
Monday, June 3rd 2019, 2:35 pm
By: News On 6
Erin Barnhart of Panera Bread shows us how to make an Asian dish featuring two different kinds of peanut butter.
Thai Grilled Chicken Satay with Pineapple
- ¾ cup Asian Sesame Peanut Sauce (recipe below), split
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into 1” pieces
- ¼ cup coconut milk, light
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime
- 3 cups pineapple, cut into 1” pieces
- 8-10 10” skewers, soaked in water
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Make Asian Sesame Peanut Sauce.
- Place chicken pieces and ¼ cup Asian Sesame Peanut Sauce in zip-top bag. Coat chicken pieces evenly. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- While chicken marinates, combine remaining ½ cup Asian Sesame Peanut Sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, and lime juice.
- Thread skewers, alternating chicken and pineapple pieces. Place on well-greased grill over medium-high heat and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through. Brush skewers with sauce and use remaining sauce as a dip.
Asian Sesame Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Panera® Asian Sesame Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- In large bowl, slowly whisk peanut butter with dressing until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Whisk in vinegar, soy sauce and siracha until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.