Skinny Chicken Waldorf Salad with Stephanie Harris of Hillcrest South.
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
7 oz (1 breast) poached chicken breast
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
Kosher salt and pepper
2 Tbsp pecans or walnuts
6 cups mixed baby greens like spinach and arugula
1. To poach chicken breast: Cover chicken breast in broth in a small pot; add water if it does not cover the chicken.
2. Add salt and pepper, a piece of celery and its leaves (you could also add herbs like parsley, garlic, onion, or whatever else you would like) and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, cover tight and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees. Chicken will be cooked through.
5. Drain, let it cool and cut into small cubes.
6. Combine mayo, yogurt, salt, pepper and mix well.
7. Add chicken, grapes, apples, celery, and let it chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it.
8. Mix in pecans right before serving.
9. Serve over baby greens.
Yield: 3 servings, Size: 1 cup; Calories: 236 calories; Total Fat: 10.5g; Saturated Fat: 1.5g; Cholesterol: 46.5mg; Sodium: 622mg; Carbohydrates: 17g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 15.5g; Protein: 19.5g